I have a few recipes that I make over and over again, and this stir fry is definitely number one. My husband never seems to get tired of it. It’s so easy to make and gives five to six servings, so it’s great for families or for leftovers the next day. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- One 12 oz bag of stir fry noodles. (You can usually find these in Asian section of the grocery store. If you can’t other thin noodles will work.)
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- one cup mushrooms, chopped
- one cup of carrots, chopped
- 3 8 oz cans of water chestnuts
- one 8 oz can of bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- one red pepper, chopped
- one cup snow peas
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- Chop the vegetables.
- Boil the noodles, drain, and then set them aside.
- Make the sauce, which means mixing the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Set the sauce aside.
- With all the ingredient prepared. You are ready to cook. It’s important to prepare beforehand because the cooking is fast. Heat the canola oil in a wok on medium to high heat until it just begins to bubble.
- Add all the vegetables (except for the snow peas), water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and cilantro to the wok. And heat for three to four minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the noddles, mix those with the veggies and heat through for five to six minutes.
- Add the sauce and the snow peas and heat through for another five minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.
THIS WEEK’S FEATURED BOOK!
Many years ago, I wrote the Amish Quilt Shop Mysteries under the pen name Isabella Alan. If you didn’t know that, I would encourage you to pick up the first book in the five-book a try. The series stars a quilt shop owner and her beloved Frenchie solving murders in Ohio’s Amish Country.
Happy reading! ❤ Amanda
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
One thought on “My Famous (to my husband) Vegetable Stir Fry #recipe”
I just finished the Amish Quilt Shop mysteries series. I loved them, I just wish there were more!