It’s been over a year since the pandemic has changed all of our lives. As a result, people are more stressed out than ever. Here are some of the ways I deal with stress.
- Go outside. There’s nothing like sunshine and fresh air to brighten your day.
- Sleep. It may help the time pass more quickly if you’re waiting for news. Truth be told if you’re a writer, you probably don’t sleep much. Might as well catch up on your z’s.
- Read a funny book. My go to books are always cozy mysteries.
- Organize something. I’m not kidding. This is my number go to in times of stress.
- Go Somewhere. Traveling is a lot more challenging these days, but you don’t have to go anywhere remote to take a break from stressing routine. For example when the weather is nice, I write by a local lake and just being away from home for a few hours gives me a new perspective.
- Retail therapy. You don’t have to break the bank for this. Sometimes all it takes is a new nail polish from the drugstore.
- A sweet treat. I typically stick to my healthy eating plan, but every so often, I let myself indulge.
- Get crafty. Do something artistic and with your hands can give you a great sense of accomplishment. This is the main reason I started my Etsy Shop.
- Exercise. My favorites are indoor cycling and swimming. Taking into consideration how seriously you took tip #7, you might want to double up on #9.
- Pray. Remember, God is there for you when you need him.
Happy reading! ❤
Millie Fisher of the Amish Matchmaker Mysteries knows a thing of two about stress, but she has been able to take those stressors in stride with God’s help. Learn more about her in her first book Matchmaking Can Be Murder.
Order the BOOK! Also available on Kindle Unlimited!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.