There’s no New Year’s Resolutions from me this year. Typically, I make a list of them because I love making lists, and it consists of eat right, write more, travel farther, etc. This year, I’m not going to focus on accomplishments or tasks, which is new for me because I am a very driven person. Instead, I’m going to focus on five lessons of being that my mother taught me. She had a wonderful ability to live in the moment and find contentment where she was even in the most horrible of circumstances. I credit this to her strong will but more so to her deep faith in God, a faith I hadn’t realized was exceptional until it was gone from my everyday life.
My Mother’s Lessons…
1) When choosing between justice and mercy. Err on the side of MERCY.
2) FORGIVE and ask to be forgiven.
3) Doubt in belief is not wrong. FAITHFULNESS amidst doubt leads to hope and ends in salvation.
4) LOVE, but don’t love anyone or anything more than God.
5) Focus on HOPE, hope in Christ and hope in a final reunion.
I hope and pray you have a blessed and happy New Year filled with peace, love, faith, and hope. God Bless.